OUR HOUSE OF WORSHIP Series
Your church facilities - be they a traditional church, a meeting room, a converted house, a school, or a campground - require good stewardship to provide a safe, secure, and welcoming place for your programs.
Caring for your building is an important ministry.
• Will the furnace survive the winter?
• Does the electrical system meet current needs?
• Does the roof need replacing?
• Can the carbon footprint be reduced?
• How do I keep a project on time and on budget?
Find the answers to these questions and more in the Our House of Worship series.
Our House of Worship: How to Identify Major and Minor Maintenance Needs
Our House of Worship: How to Manage Major Maintenance and Remodel Projects
Knowing the current state of your facility is key to prioritizing repairs, renovations, or remodels.
Learn how to:
- Research your building's maintenance and remodel history
- Identify your building's current condition from A to Z
- Prioritize the building survey results
- Present your findings to the Church Council
This handy book is a detailed guide for the volunteer Building Steward, walking through the entire renovation and remodel process.
Learn how to:
- Communicate with the Church Council and the Congregation
- Identify which professionals you need and how to choose them
- Prepare a detailed list of what to include in the bid
- Keep a project on time and on budget
- Deal with on-going issues, chusch as cleaning and special events
- Plan future building needs